May 8, 2010

Strawberry Shorcake & PinkBerry

so on Thursday the boyfriend actually drove me all the way to what seem the other side of New York so I could actually buy Lula. I have only seen it online, and always wanted to see it in person, but its almost impossible to find. I love the idea of a magazine with hardly any ads, and just filled with beautiful, sometimes whimsical spreads. Its just so girly and beautiful. So my first Lula magazine is issue #10 inspired by no other than Strawberry Shortcake characters, which seem so appropriate being that I love Strawberry Shortcake and it was theme for my very first birthday ^_^
                         Strawberry Shortcake                           Raspberry Tart
                                Lime Chiffon                                      Lemon Meringue
                                       Blueberry Muffin                                   Plum Pudding
The store had every single cover except the Chanel cover (Orange Blossom). I love Strawberry Shortcake and Lemon Meringue, but the covers were a little damaged so I chose Blueberry Muffin and Raspberry Tart. One is for a friend and the other for myself. Why can't U.S. magazines have covers like this again, so plain and simple without all the blabbering in the front? I love how simple and pretty Lula is inside and outside without all the clutter magazines usually have.

After, the boyfriend and I went to Pinkberry <3.  Omg how much I love this words cannot describe. I had the original with blueberries, can you say heaven? We ended the day by watching a movie and ordered dinner inside. I'm still recuperating from my surgery, so we had a lazy day since we were going to do some serious summer shopping on Friday.

On other news, I'm still a little upset I wasn't there for my best friend's baby first birthday. She told me the party did not go as planned and everything that could go wrong went wrong. I feel that even if I couldn't go (doctor's advise) I should have helped somehow. It was her very first birthday and I won't be in any picture. But I'm going to make sure I'm there for every other birthday to come. I adore that little girl, she has stolen my heart. 

1 comment:

  1. such pretty pictures!

    sad about your friends baby :(

    xx scarzz

    ReplyDelete