May 20, 2010

turn your scars into stars

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, Do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."
-Chris Cleave (Little Bee)

This quote is just so beautiful, and I can identify completely. I will have to read this book. I have a few scars, and now three new ones on my abdomen. I've never seen them as ugly scars, but beautiful pink marks that remind me of what I've been through but also that I am still here. And the biggest one, my kidney transplant scar, which reminds me like the quote- that I survived. How can that not be beautiful?
My four-year-old godson has one on his chest (from his heart surgery) It is the most beautiful scar I've ever seen ♥


thank you Nabilah I wouldn't have known about this quote if it wasnt for your lovely blog xo
lovenovelty.blogspot.com The heading "turn your scars into stars" is also hers. Lovely isn't?
image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment