May 27, 2011

I scream, you scream

Tumblr_ll3r2wcvf41qdhu7co1_400_large
WE ALL SCREAM FOR BRIDESMAIDS!
haha yup! This is how excited I get everytime I get good news about my bridal party and guests. So heres the story.
I had first decided I wasn't going to have a lot of bridesmaids. I was going to do the official thing done in Quisqueya- which is to have the young/single girls as bridesmaids. And since I am the youngest from my generation this meant I would only have two younger cousins as my bridesmaids along with my little sister who is 18. My maid-of-honor is my oldest sister who is already married with kids. And of course my flowergirl will be Anabella. I wanted as many flowergirls as possible, always did, always will. However there are not many girls in the family that are young enough to be flowergirls yet old enough to do it, so I am only left with two. Nevertheless, let me tell you these are two of the prettiest, sweetest girls you will ever laid eyes on and this will be enough to get all the oohs and ahhs and maybe even some ooh-la-las, yep Anabella who just turned four and Ana Amelia who is 3 are just that adorable! Now, I had assumed my bridal party was complete and that all my friends were fine with this, especifically since one of my friends (who is older than me) had expressed she didn't want to be a bridesmaids AT ALL. As a matter of fact, before I had announced anything early in the days, she said she did not want to be a bridesmaids at all and to please not make her be one because she already felt too old to be one and she likes having the choice to choose whatever she wants to wear. I was fine with this and assumed my friends felt the same. How silly of me huh? It wasn't until my mother expressed some girls might still want to be bridesmaids that I thought "Oh My God what was I thinking?" To make the story short: I asked, they said yes, I went from three bridesmaids to nine! Yeap, thats right- Nine of my closest girls to be there with me, and I couldn't be happier. However, the problem now is that the seamstress who lives in Quisqueya will not have time to do all these dresses and I don't know what to do :/

1 comment: