Feb 25, 2010

for you before our I do's

They say love hits you in the face as soon as you see it walk in but I believe it doesn't come that fast, on the contrary, love is built, little by little, step by step. It is no sudden feeling, time does not slow down when you see them. Everything is the same, life is the same, yet you want this person in it. Little by little your life starts changing, you switch schedules and plans to fit them in, time with them is all that matters. You don't care if you miss a game, or your favorite show as long as they are right with you. You can spend hours just holding their hand and before you know it one day while you see them smile you think, "I can live the rest of my life with that one smile." No one else matters, nothing else, this is your priority right there and then. It is as if you have place your heart in them, and every breath they take is your happiness. I don't know exactly the moment it happened, but one thing is for sure when I look at you I know that you are the only one for me. This was not coincidence, this was not how it happened, this is how it was written, this was faith, this is what God wanted- you and I. Somehow, somewhere we were meant to meet. From now on, we will become one. My heart is in your hands, my happiness, my life. And I trust that no matter what you and I will always remain. One day, years from now, I will look back and I will smile- At our children, grandchildren and everything around us. Like my grandfather and my grandmother, our life will be a blessing, a tie so bonded that nothing will break it. I know times will get hard, and things will stand in our way, trying to break us apart, because thats what life is all about, it will throw us things to shake up our relationship, but I want to remember this: is always you and I, it will always be you and I. And as long as we love each other, trust each other, respect each other, and have God in our lives everything else will be alright. Can you see us years from now, waking up in each others arms, our kids running in jumping in the bed, having breakfast together, watching movies together, looking at our kids play while you barbecue outside with your friends, going to sleep holding the person you love? I can't wait for the day that I walk down that isle staring at your eyes. Married couples say that day is the day your life begins so now I can't wait for our lives to begin together. Te amo con todo mi ser.

No comments:

Post a Comment